Website is under construction
Force Feedback question
I answered the questions in the text for simplicity marked **.
So here's a quick test procedure :
- Start with all the "Forces" sliders to 0
- Uncheck Stick Shaker and Set Force from Airspeed
- In FF "Options" tab, click "RECONNECT" to make sure the joystick is connected (FF should be shown on top right status indicator).
Verify that there is no force felt while moving the stick. **Yes no forces at all
- Gradually Increase the "Damper" (or "Friction") slider all the way to the max while moving the stick. **Yes some forces felt
- Also change from Damper to Friction the"Friction/(Damper) check box. *** No forces felt
Verify that the stick is resisting your movement (depending on slider position) and the effect between the two methods*
- Set the DAMPER slider all the way to minimum - Joystick now moves free
- Set the VERT and HOR slider in the "Forces" group to the maximum - They should move together
Verify that the movement of the stick behaves like a spring loaded joystick. The maximum "spring" force is defined by the two sliders.****YES good forces recentering felt
- Leave the VERT and HOR slider in the "Forces" group to the maximum.
- Set Min X Force to 5000 **
- Set MIN Y Force to 3000
- Check (activate) the "Set Force from Airspeed" checkbox.
Verify the the vertical force Is less than before but stronger than the horizontal force (X is elevators in FF, Y is ailerons) ***** YES but not much differnce between X and Y forces
I also found that stall stick shaker works and also that if 'Set Force from Airspeed is not ticked then ground bump on landing does not appear and conversly ticking that option and a good strong ground bump is felt (which seems to make semse to me.
Let me know if you want any more testing etc , I'm alway happy to help.
Many thanks for your thorough test and your time.
Once we get into the FF we will send you some test versions 🙂
One question : Changing form Friction to Damper, does it make any difference to the way that the stick is behaving while moving it ? It is very subtle but it should be identifiable.
Many thanks again
Changing Friction/Damper tick box does show a difference - slightly stiffer controls as speed increases I think with it on. I noticed that the green bars next to the Min x and Y force start increasing as speed does too. I tried turning off both Friction slider and Friction / Damper and contols go quite easy ie not much force just as I guess you would expect.
BTW waht is the box next to max force speed, it show some numbers that seem related to speed.
Hope that helps, let me know if I can help any further.